Episode 44 Show Notes
Tips + Support
Here is a list of tips and things to do while in social isolation:
- Call family + friends either using your phone, FaceTime, Facebook Messenger, Skype or Zoom.
- Try to stick to a routine, even if it’s a little different from your normal routine.
- Have a party using Google Hangouts or Zoom with your friends.
- Go for a walk with family or roommates or on your own if you need space.
- Host an online trivia night with your friends.
- Sign up for an online course and learn something new.
- Take an online fitness or yoga class.
- Give yourself permission to rest – you don’t always have to be productive!
- Acknowledge that this is difficult – take it one day at a time.
If you are feeling sick then please follow the guidelines issued by the World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
If you are struggling to cope and don’t have anyone to reach out to then here are some resources that may help:
- Crisis Canada Hotline at 1.833.456.4566. They have amazing trained volunteers available 24/7. For more information visit their website www.crisisservicescanada.ca.
- If you are having suicidal thoughts then please contact 1-800-SUICIDE.
- The LifeLine Canada Foundation also has a list of Canadian, USA and international crisis centres.
- Click here for a list of Suicide Crisis Hotlines in other countries.